July 9, 2012

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon: Kick Off & Mini Challenge!


Today is the first day of the Once Upon a Read-A-Thon! This is only my 2nd read-a-thon I've participated in, so I'm pretty excited to participate! I don't have really defined goals for this read-a-thon, I'm just hoping to get a good amount of reading in.

These are some of the books I'm hoping to read:




Mini Challenge Day #1 @ IB Book Blogging

Question #1: What is your favorite cover that has been revealed this summer and why? Post a link or picture of the cover if you want.

I love how dark and Gothic this cover is. I think it fits well with the first book's cover and with the series. Love the font used for the title too!

Question #2: Do you rely on the cover to help you choose whether you want to read a book or not?

Since the cover is the first thing potential readers see, I obviously notice them. If they look really poorly done or unattractive to me, I do second guess looking at them further. If I think the cover is at least intriguing and the title makes me curious, then I'll read the description to decide if it sounds like something I would like.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that cover is gorgeous! Reminds me a bit of the covers for Lauren Kate's Fallen series - love the black ballgown! I definitely have second thoughts about books with bad covers; there are so many books out there to read, there has to be SOME way to pare them down a bit... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the cover of Blood Kissed Sky! I can't wait to read it since I really enjoyed the first book in the series.

    Looks like you have some great books to read during this read-a-thon. Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cover :]! Good look with your read-a-thon! A posted my summer reading list a few days ago if you want to check it out! http://heartisinthewriteplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cover! I haven't read any of the series but it is beautiful. I hope you get as much as you want read :)

    ReplyDelete