January 5, 2015

Bout of Books12: Sign up & Goals

It's time for another Bout of Books Read-a-Thon! I have been in a serious reading slump lately, so I thought that this would give me the perfect opportunity to snap out of it and read some great books!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

This is my main post for the read-a-thon, so all of my challenges, stats, and goals will be updated on this post throughout the event. 

Goals: Like I mentioned, I have been in a huge reading funk for quite a long time. My goals for this event aren't focused so much on page numbers or amounts of books - I'm going to set a goal for myself to read (actually sit down and read) every day during the read-a-thon. I have no idea what books I'll be reading, how many I'll get through, or anything of the sort. I really just want to get back into reading mode so I can start crossing titles off of my review list - and I really would like to end up back where I was before the slump of all slumps that I'm in right now. You know - where I was always reading something? And I loved (or at least enjoyed) reading that much. Those are my goals for this event.

 
Updates!
Monday: 1/5
Number of pages read today: 37
Number of books I read today: 0
Total number of pages so far: 37
Total number of books so far: 0
Note: I couldn't get into this book, so I'm putting it back on the shelf for now. :/

Tuesday: 1/6
Number of pages read today: 52
Number of books I read today: 0
Total number of pages so far: 89
Total number of books so far: 0
Note: Again - I couldn't get into this book either, so I'm stopping for now and will come back to it another time. Getting bummed and my slump still won't go away!

Wednesday: 1/7
Number of pages read today: 0
Number of books I read today: 0
Total number of pages so far: 89
Total number of books so far: 0
Note: I didn't even read anything today. This reading slump is becoming really annoying and frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to help me out of it? I'll take any advice! It's so bad that none of my beautiful books even sound good enough to me to start reading. Help!

Thursday: 1/8
Number of pages read today:
Number of books I read today:
Total number of pages so far:
Total number of books so far:

Friday: 1/9
Number of pages read today:
Number of books I read today:
Total number of pages so far:
Total number of books so far:

Saturday: 1/10
Number of pages read today:
Number of books I read today:
Total number of pages so far:
Total number of books so far:

Sunday: 1/11
Number of pages read today:
Number of books I read today:
Total number of pages so far:
Total number of books so far:






  What about you? Did you sign up to participate? Leave me a link to your post(s) and good luck reaching your goals!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment