Welcome to my stop on the official blog tour for The Boys of Fire and Ash! Today I have a great author guest to share with you along with my review of the book. Don't forget to enter the giveaway at the end of the post! To follow the rest of the tour, click on the banner above.
The Boys of Fire and Ash
Author: Meaghan McIsaac
Genre: YA Fantasy
Release Date: May 12, 2015
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
PRAISE FOR THE BOYS OF FIRE AND ASH:
"McIsaac’s debut fantasy novel is fast-paced and heartstopping. . . . This self-contained story is an entertaining read that will be enjoyed by many."--School Library Journal
"The novel is urgently gritty, with rich worldbuilding and plenty of action."-- Publishers Weekly
"The compelling mythology and dystopian setting will appeal to genre readers. Fans of James Dashner, Margaret Peterson Haddix, and Patrick Ness need look no further."--Kirkus
Fans of Rick Riordan and Anthony Horowitz will want to read this action-filled debut novel that offers a new world to enjoy and a new underdog to root for.--Booklist
10 Random things about me! (Meaghan McIsaac)
1. I have an addiction to diet pepsi. It's bad. Real bad.
2. I have a black lab and a beagle. I consider them my support team.
3. I have three little brothers. They are all way taller than me.
4. My bathroom is haunted. No, really it is! I used to just think it was haunted, but I know it now because there was a "paranormal investigators" van parked outside my building once. True story.
5. Given the choice between ice cream and garlic bread, I will always choose garlic bread. Always.
6. I knew my husband was "the one" because of our shared love of Slurpees.
7. I collect copies of Anne of Green Gables.
8. When I grow up, I want to live on Prince Edward Island, just like Anne.
9. I really like to cook. I consider curry chicken pot pie to be my masterpiece.
10. The Mummy circa 1999 is my favourite movie of all time. And no, I'm not embarrassed by that.
Thanks so much for having me at Dream within a Dream! :)
Thanks for stopping by and sharing some random facts about yourself Meaghan!c
I write books for middle grade and young adult. I read them too. I used to draw a bit. When I was nine, I drew comics about a bird family who had a fuzzy orange caterpillar for a dog. They never ate him. After that, I gave a lot of embarrassing performances in my high school's musicals. I believe I stomped my foot when I messed up a line once. So I gave up on acting and decided to stick to telling stories. I packed up and left for the UK where I did my Master's in children's writing at the University of Winchester. Now I'm back in Toronto, reading and writing. I have one noisy beagle and one lab who doesn't stop eating. My first favourite book was Into the Land of Unicorns by Bruce Coville. I have since added a lot more favourites to my collection. They take up most of the living room.
(5) Winners will each get a finished copy of THE BOYS OF FIRE AND ASH.
Ships in US Only. Must be 13+ To Enter