EMPIRE OF DUST (Blood of Gods and Royals #2)
Author: Eleanor Herman
Release Date: June 26, 2016
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: Hardcover, eBook, audiobook
Find it: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Goodreads
In Macedon, war rises like smoke, forbidden romance blooms and ancient magic tempered with rage threatens to turn an empire to dust...
After winning his first battle, Prince Alexander fights to become the ruler his kingdom demands—but the line between leader and tyrant blurs with each new threat.
Meanwhile, Hephaestion, cast aside by Alexander for killing the wrong man, must conceal the devastating secret of a divine prophecy from Katerina even as the two of them are thrust together on a dangerous mission to Egypt.
The warrior, Jacob, determined to forget his first love, vows to eradicate the ancient Blood Magics and believes that royal prisoner Cynane holds the key to Macedon's undoing.
And in chains, the Persian princess Zofia still longs to find the Spirit Eaters, but first must grapple with the secrets of her handsome—and deadly—captor.
New York Times bestselling author Eleanor Herman entwines the real scandals of history with epic fantasy to reimagine the world's most brilliant ruler, Alexander the Great, in the second book of the Blood of Gods and Royals series.
Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Me
by Eleanor Herman, Author of Empire of Dust
1. When I was 14 I had a frighteningly realist dream that a time traveling wizard woke me up in bed and said I needed costumes to visit past centuries with him. I took him at his word so now I have a huge-walk costume closet with gowns arranged by century, complete with hats, jewelry, fans, cloaks, wigs, crowns, and shoes. I am still waiting for him to come back.
2. For many years now, I have had four rescue cats and whenever one goes to the giant kitty litter in the sky that same week I get a replacement. Instead of looking for the best cat at a shelter—young, healthy, friendly—I look for the worst one—sick, depressed, old, blind, or in need of expensive surgery—because I figure no one else would adopt that one.
3. I have the nicest husband in the world who puts up with my taking all the closets and my pathetic mess-making machines of cats.
4. I am almost a savant with languages. I speak German, French, and Italian pretty fluently—and can even read handwritten Renaissance documents—and have studied Spanish, Arabic, Russian and Babylonian cuneiform. To me, languages are a kind of Sudoku puzzle (though I can’t do Sudoku because it involves math.)
5. I am so useless with anything technical that half the time when I turn on a lamp the bulb explodes.
6. In addition to writing and languages, my other talent is dancing like a maniac. People crowd around me and clap on the dance floor but I don’t think anyone would pay me to do that so this is the reason I am a writer.
7. I have a green thumb, hand, arm… Almost any half-dead plant I touch turns into an Amazon jungle plant in my care. I have rescued numerous plants from the gym, the bank, and my church, telling the manager, “I am taking your plants because you have been torturing them and I think there is a law against plant cruelty.” They usually just open their mouths and don’t say a word as I stagger with a giant plant out the door and push it into my car. I now have too many plants in addition to too many cats.
8. I have visited fifty countries, learning about history, religion, language, art, and culture, because I think it’s the best way to understand what this world is all about before I die. I call myself a life student of human nature, and I hope that shows up in my books.
9. I have absolutely no sense of direction and often get lost between my hotel room and the elevator, even after being in the room for several days.
10. Ghosts followed me from my last house to my new one. Other people have seen them, too. I consider them my friends and like to think they look out for me. When they get too loud with their footsteps, voices, and music, and mess with turning my electrical stuff on and off, I yell at them, threatening to bring in an exorcist and kick them out, and then the house is quiet for a few days.
Thanks for sharing some fun facts about yourself with us today Eleanor!
Grab the FREE novella VOICE OF GODS Now!
The novella QUEEN OF ASHES for $2.99!
About Book 1:
LEGACY OF KINGS
Author: Eleanor Herman
Release Date: September 1, 2015
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Formats: Hardcover, eBook, audiobook
Find it: Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Goodreads
Imagine a time when the gods turn a blind eye to the agony of men, when the last of the hellions roam the plains and evil stirs beyond the edges of the map. A time when cities burn, and in their ashes, empires rise.
Alexander, Macedonia’s sixteen-year-old heir, is on the brink of discovering his fated role in conquering the known world but finds himself drawn to newcomer Katerina, who must navigate the dark secrets of court life while hiding her own mission: kill the Queen. But Kat’s first love, Jacob, will go to unthinkable lengths to win her, even if it means competing for her heart with Hephaestion, a murderer sheltered by the prince. And far across the sea, Zofia, a Persian princess and Alexander’s unmet fiancée, wants to alter her destiny by seeking the famed and deadly Spirit Eaters.
Weaving fantasy with the salacious and fascinating details of real history, New York Times bestselling author Eleanor Herman reimagines the greatest emperor the world has ever known: Alexander the Great, in the first book of the Blood of Gods and Royals series.
Before the Game of Thrones craze swept the nation, Eleanor Herman was hard at work entertaining readers with her extensive research on courtly intrigue and romance. She is the New York Times bestselling author of Sex with Kings, as well as three other works of nonfiction: Sex with the Queen, Mistress of the Vatican, and King Peggy.
Obsessed by all things royal and historical, she lives in McLean, Virginia with her husband and four extremely dignified cats. Legacy of Kings is her first novel.
Giveaway: (3) Winners will receive a finished copy of EMPIRE OF DUST - US Only!
6/20/2016- The Cover Contessa- Interview
6/21/2016- Zach's YA Reviews- Review
6/22/2016- Fiction Fare- Guest Post
6/23/2016- My So-Called Book Reviews- Review
6/24/2016- Two Chicks on Books- Interview
6/27/2016- Lisa Loves Literature- Review
6/28/2016- A Dream Within A Dream- Guest Post
6/29/2016- Mundie Moms- Review
6/30/2016- Once Upon A Twilight- Review
7/1/2016- Curling Up With A Good Book- Interview