March 14, 2016

Playing Defense Tour: Guest Post

http://www.chapter-by-chapter.com/blog-tour-schedule-playing-defense-corrigan-falls-raiders-2-by-cate-cameron/
Welcome to my stop on the tour for Playing Defense! Today I have a guest post by the author to share with you! To follow the rest of the tour, click on the banner above.


Playing Defense (Corrigan Falls Raiders #2)

Author: Cate Cameron
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 14, 2016
Publisher: Entangled Teen: Crush

Description:

Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains adult language, swoon-worthy kisses, and sexy hockey players. It may cause you to watch a hockey game...or ten. 

Sixteen-year-old Claudia Waring has never kissed a boy. Never been popular. Never been to a hockey game. All that’s about to change. Assigned to tutor Chris Winslow, a prank-loving, gorgeous hockey player, Claudia’s perfectly planned life immediately veers off course. And she kind of likes it. But as fun as Chris is, she knows she'll never fit in his world. 

After his latest prank lands him in hot water, Chris has to get serious about school or lose hockey. Not an easy thing for someone as carefree as the defenseman. The biggest problem, though, is how much he wants to help his cute, buttoned-up tutor loosen up a little. But while confidence has never been a problem for him, around Claudia, Chris is all nerves. Why would a girl as smart as her ever fall for a jock like him?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25447694-playing-defense

Top 10 Travel Spots

I’m going to cheat a bit on this one, because the one travel “event” I’m most interested in right now isn’t actually a spot, but a series of spots… I really want to take the train across Canada. I want to fall asleep to the rhythmic thudding of whatever the hell it is that thuds when trains move, I want to hang out in the dining car, play cards and killing time as we pass hour after hour of prairie landscape, I want to pretend to be writing (even though I really won’t be able to, because I get motion sick if I read or write in a moving vehicle, even a train) and probably I want to smuggle a few bottles of good wine aboard and enjoy them in my tiny private cabin as I look out my window at parts of my country I’ve only ever flown over before. A few (ten? Maybe?) highlights?

According to Via Rail’s itinerary (http://canadarail.ca/packages/coast-to-coast-rail-adventure-westbound)...

We’ll start in Halifax, on the East coast. Not quite sure what I’ll do there – ooh, maybe I’ll arrive a day or two early and nip out to PEI. I’ve only been once, as a child, and I think it’s every redhead’s duty to make a pilgrimage to Anne’s Island, preferably at an age that allows them to actually remember things. https://www.tourismpei.com/anne-of-green-gables

Then back to Halifax, and onto the train! We’ll travel to Montreal, where I lived for four years when I was going to school, and I’ll probably look up a few friends if I have time. Maybe we’ll have dinner at Amelia’s Pizza – zero atmosphere, fantastic pizza, right in the McGill student ghetto. http://ameliaspizza.ca/?page_id=2

Overnight in Montreal, then the train to Toronto – I took this route quite often when I was in school, so I’ll probably just soak up the nostalgia. And a day trip to Niagara Falls? Meh. Maybe I’ll stay in my hotel room and actually write. Or watch TV…

But then things get excellent! Three days from Toronto to Jasper, sleeping on the train (I’ll probably spring for a double cabin, because apparently in a single the toilet is under the fold-down bed, and… no. That doesn’t appeal. So I’ll be sleeping in one of these! http://www.viarail.ca/en/resources/cabin-two And I’ll be looking out at the rugged Northern Ontario scenery, inspiration for some of Canada’s greatest artists. http://www.groupofsevenart.com/


Then the prairies, endless flat growing-ness. http://www.railpictures.ca/upload/cn-train-114-rolls-through-the-golden-wheat-fields-of-the-alberta-prairie

Into the foothills, then right up into the Rocky Mountains. Probably some pleasingly rickety rail bridges http://canadarail.ca/information/gallery and then Jasper! http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/parks/jasper-canada-park/

Hopefully I won’t be all gorgeous-mountain-scenery-ed out, because the next day is Banff, which… honestly, I need to see to believe. Surely the postcards are all photoshopped? Surely? Could anything be this jaw-droppingly perfect in real life? http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/canada/jasper-to-banff-and-the-icefields-parkway-alberta/

Then Kamloops, then Vancouver. I used to live in Vancouver and I have family out there, but I expect, after so many days on the train, I’ll be happy to just dip my toes in the ocean and watch a sunset over the west coast after my continent-spanning trip. http://7-themes.com/data_images/out/41/6908234-vancouver-sunset-wallpaper.jpg

So – Either a million destinations, or just one. But I love the idea of having a little nest on the train while still getting to see and explore so many places I’ve never been before. Definitely next on my “to travel” list! 



Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains adult language, underage drinking, sexual situations, and crazy squirrels. It may cause you to become a fan of hockey - or at least hot hockey players.

The hometown hockey hero won’t know what hit him…


Karen Webber is in small-town hell. After her mother’s death, she moved to Corrigan Falls to live with strangers—her dad and his perfect, shiny new family—and there doesn’t seem to be room for a city girl with a chip on her shoulder. The only person who makes her feel like a real human being is Tyler MacDonald.


But Karen isn’t interested in starting something with a player. And that’s all she keeps hearing about Tyler.


Corrigan Falls is a hockey town, and Tyler’s the star player. But the viselike pressure from his father and his agent are sending him dangerously close to the edge. All people see is hockey—except Karen. Now they’ve managed to find something in each other that they both desperately need. And for the first time, Tyler is playing for keeps…

Purchase Links: 

Center Ice (Corrigan Falls Raiders #1): 


Playing Defense (Corrigan Falls Raiders #2): 
Amazon | B&N | iBooks |Kobo | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.ca | Entangled Publishing
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment