Off the Ice (Juniper Falls #1)
Author: Julie Cross
Publication Date: February 27, 2017
Publisher: Entangled Teen
The NY Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of Whatever Life Throws at You kicks off a brand-new series perfect for fans of Miranda Kennealy and Abbi Glines.
All is fair in love and hockey…
Claire O’Connor is back in Juniper Falls, but that doesn’t mean she wants to be. One semester off, that’s what she promised herself. Just long enough to take care of her father and keep the family business—a hockey bar beside the ice rink—afloat. After that, she’s getting the hell out. Again.
Enter Tate Tanley. What happened between them the night before she left town resurfaces the second they lay eyes on each other. But the guy she remembers has been replaced by a total hottie. When Tate is unexpectedly called in to take over for the hockey team’s star goalie, suddenly he’s in the spotlight and on his way to becoming just another egotistical varsity hockey player. And Claire’s sworn off Juniper Falls hockey players for good.
It’s the absolute worst time to fall in love.
For Tate and Claire, hockey isn’t just a game. And they both might not survive a body check to the heart.
10 Things You Didn't Know About Julie Cross: Author of OFF THE ICE
1. I flunked 9th grade English (also second semester of Algebra 1 but that doesn’t seem nearly as relevant).
2. I’m obsessed with Hamilton the musical.
3. For the past two years I have been a homeschooling mom.
4. I live in illinois, but spend summers in southern New Jersey working at a creative arts camp.
5. I met my husband on college move-in day.
6. I got pregnant at age 19 and never finished college.
7. The “teen mom” label was something I detested and refused to inhabit any stereotype associated with teens mom. I read dozens of parenting books, made organic baby food, and happily and endlessly obsessed over the beauty and genius of my first born (seriously, he walked at 9 months, if that’s not genius then I don’t know what is?)
8. At 36 years old I decided it was time to return to college and enrolled in the local community college.
9. I’m in the process of applying to twelve schools (three of them with the Ivy League label *gulp*) for transfer admissions.
10. Writing is one of my greatest loves and I plan to do it forever but I’m petrified of creative writing in an academic setting. Mostly I’m scared of not being good enough. But I imagine many can relate to this and I won’t be alone.
Julie Cross is a NYT and USA Today bestselling author of New Adult and Young Adult fiction, including the Tempest series, a young adult science fiction trilogy which includes Tempest, Vortex, Timestorm (St. Martin’s Press).
She’s also the author of the Letters to Nowhere series, Whatever Life Throws at You, Third Degree, Halfway Perfect, and many more to come!
Julie lives in Central Illinois with her husband and three children. She’s a former gymnast, longtime gymnastics fan, coach, and former Gymnastics Program Director with the YMCA.
She’s a lover of books, devouring several novels a week, especially in the young adult and new adult genres.
Outside of her reading and writing cred, Julie Cross is a committed–but not talented–long distance runner, creator of imaginary beach vacations, Midwest bipolar weather survivor, expired CPR certification card holder, as well as a ponytail and gym shoe addict.
One (1) winner will receive a Kindle Fire