Be True to Me
Author: Adele Griffin
Genre: YA Historical/Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 13, 2017
Publisher: Algonquin Young Readers
It's the summer of 1976 on Fire Island, where feathered hair and the Bicentennial celebration reign. Jean, a sometimes cruel, often insecure, and always envious rich girl, is accustomed to living in her glamorous older sister’s shadow. So when Gil Burke, a handsome newcomer with uncertain ties to one of the most powerful families in the exclusive enclave of Sunken Haven, notices Jean — not her sister — Jean is smitten. Then Fritz, a girl from outside the gilded gates who humiliated Jean in the Island’s tennis championship last year, falls for Gil herself. Soon the girls are competing for much more than a tennis trophy, with higher stakes than either of them can imagine.
Told through the alternating perspectives of Jean and Fritz, as they experience feeling like an outsider and first love.
1. Silly Love Songs - Wings
2. Young Americans (2016 Remastered Version) - David Bowie
3. Island Girl - Elton John
4. You're My Best Friend - Queen
5. Saturday Night - Bay City Rollers
6. Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac
7. Fame (1999 Remastered Version) - David Bowie
8. Somebody to Love (Remastered 2011) - Queen
9. Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
10. Kiss and Say Goodbye - The Manhattans
11. (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty - KC & The Sunshine Band
12. Fool to Cry (Remastered) - The Rolling Stones
13. Take the Money and Run - Steve Miller Band
14. If You Leave Me Now (Remastered) - Chicago
15. Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright) 2009 Remastered Version - Rod Stewart
16. (Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Adele Griffin is the highly acclaimed author of almost thirty books for Young Adult and middle grade readers.
Her works include the National Book Award Finalists Sons of Liberty and Where I Want to Be, as well as the popular Oodlethunks series for younger readers. Her latest novel The Unfinished Life of Addison Stone was a YALSA Best Book of 2015, an Amazon Best YA Book of the Year, a Booklist Top Ten Arts Books for Youth, a Junior Library Guild selection, a Romantic Times Finalist for Book of the Year, and a School Library Journal Top Fiction pick. Her latest novel Be True to Me is publishing in June 2017 with Algonquin Books.