August 1, 2012

Review Copy Cleanup: Starting Line & Goals


Today marks the first day of the Review Copy Cleanup! I'm excited to be participating in this because I am currently drowning in review copies. It's going to last the entire month of August, so I'm really hoping to get some serious reading done and to make a big dent in my review pile.

Here's my dilemma though: Lately - more like the past couple of months - I have been reading books that I have to read for review (for book tours, for publishers who request a certain date, etc.) and I have now hit a serious reading slump. I feel pressured to read these books and I am really starting to feel that reading them is a chore. I honestly can't remember the last time I read a book I really wanted to read. It's making me pretty upset. I have TONS of review copies - physical and ebooks - that I need to read, and a lot of these are ones that I really want to read. BUT - I feel pressed to read the "must read" ones instead of ones I know I would really enjoy. 

My question to you, fellow book lovers, is what should I do? Since this is a long reading challenge, I would really appreciate some feedback and/or suggestions from you. I don't want my favorite thing (reading) to become a chore. UGH... I've let my review pile bury me alive and now I'm drowning. I beg of you to please help me figure out what books I should read!! 

I want to thank everyone who comments in advance for your suggestions and support. Leave me links to your posts for the cleanup and I'll be sure to stop by and share the love!

Happy reading everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hello- I just started following your blog! I found it off of a list of Goodreads "best blog" contests and thought I would give it a whirl since I like reading indie reviews. I have a suggestion you can take or leave... Maybe you should speed read through your pile of "commitments" so you can get back to the stuff you are in the mood for? When you lose interest, just reflect in the review that you totally lost interest at a certain point and didn't want to keep going?

    Thanks for reading,
    Naja

    ReplyDelete