January 4, 2019

Analiese Rising Pre-Release Excerpt Tour

http://www.entangledteen.com/check-out-the-analiese-rising-excerpt-tour-win/


Analiese Rising
Author: Brenda Drake
Release Date: January 8, 2019

Description:

When a stranger gives Analiese Jordan a list of names before he dies, the last thing she expects to see is her own on it. Not. Cool. Her search for answers leads to the man’s grandson, Marek, who has dangerous secrets of his own. Both are determined to unlock the mystery of the list.
 
But the truth is deadly. Analiese is a descendant of the God of Death, known as a Riser, with the power to raise the dead and control them. Finding out she has hidden powers? Cool. Finding out she turns corpses into killers? No, thank you.
 
Now the trail plants her and Marek in the middle of a war between gods who apparently want to raise an army of the Risen, and Analiese must figure out how to save the world—from herself.

My breath tastes sour in my mouth with the thought of Mr. Conte watching me while I never suspected he was there. Eyes staring, camera on me. How can I ever feel safe again, knowing what I do now?
I shake my head to rid myself of the thoughts, but the fears remain.
“All right. I hope there’re answers in here.” I open the other two doors of the cabinet. An old-style safe takes up the entire space—bottom to top. “What do you think is in this? A body?”
Crap. I just said that out loud.
Marek’s brows are a straight line over his dark brown eyes, and his lips are even straighter. “He was a good man,” he says, and I wonder if he’s trying to convince himself or me. “A loving grandfather.”
It sounds like he’s quoting Adam Conte’s eulogy. “I’m sorry. It’s just… Well, put yourself in my shoes. Your grandfather was stalking me.” I search the front of the safe for a way to open it. “There isn’t a knobby thing on this.”
“A knobby thing?” he repeats, watching me curiously. All the tiny hairs on my arms rise, and my breath quickens.
“You know, a spinner. To unlock it.”
He smiles. I like his smile. It’s a bit crooked and shows his almost-straight teeth. His right canine sticks out just a little past the rest of them. I bet he had braces when he was younger and didn’t wear his retainer at night when he was supposed to, like me. My front teeth are a tad off because of it.
I run my hand across the cold gray metal door. There isn’t a latch or anything I can find. My fingers bump over an etching near where a knobby thing should be. It isn’t light enough in the basement to see, so I use the flashlight on my phone and study the marking. It’s a nautical star. The size of a pendant.
I glance over at Marek. He’s studying the hinges on the other side of the safe.
“Your necklace.”
Brenda Drake grew up the youngest of three children, an Air Force brat, and the continual new kid at school. Her fondest memories growing up is of her eccentric, Irish grandmother's animated tales, which gave her a strong love for storytelling. So it was only fitting that she would choose to write stories with a bend toward the fantastical. When she's not writing or hanging out with her family, she haunts libraries, bookstores, and coffee shops, or reads someplace quiet and not at all exotic (much to her disappointment).






Tour Schedule:


Dec. 29- http://www.ohheybooks.com (Excerpt 5)
Dec. 31- http://www.travelsnreads.com (Excerpt 9)
Jan. 3- https://carriesbookreviews.com/ (Excerpt 15)
Jan. 5- https://booklovinmamas.net (Excerpt 19)
Jan. 6-  http://www.literaryme.net/ (Excerpt 21)

  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment